based in London, UK
ESYA is building a dynamic team that is passionate about translating new discoveries at the nexus of biotechnology, cell biology, imaging, and neurology. We are expanding our research capabilities in our newly established London laboratory and are seeking an experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our growing research team.
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist performs high complexity laboratory testing for both research and clinical diagnostics in Esya Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and UK Acreditation Service (UKAS) certified Laboratory. This role requires independent work in an efficient and organized manner to assure accurate results and records. This scientist will be performing biomarker assays for clinical research clients under CLIA/Good Clinical Practice (GCP) standards using Quanterix Simoa® technology.
- Apply your laboratory skills and experience to generate high quality data in support of a diversity of projects, which will include testing and analysis of customer supplied samples using Quanterix assays
- Perform testing of samples under CLIA for clinical testing services
- Perform basic data analysis on all the assays run in the lab
- Review assay results according to laboratory protocols, taking appropriate action and escalating when necessary
- Perform routine preventative maintenance and calibration of instrumentation
- Maintain inventory, records, and work instructions
- Assist with training of staff
KEY SKILLS and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology, Medical Technology Science or Clinical Lab Science
- At least 3-5 years of clinical laboratory experience (preferred); other relevant experience, typically acquired in a clinical laboratory or clinical research organization, qualifying the candidate as testing personnel under CLIA regulations
- Hands on experience running immunoassays (e.g., ELISA), as well as experience generating, analyzing, and reviewing data from those assays
- Self-motivated with critical eye for detail
- Strong organizational skills critical for managing multiple testing responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong work ethic to generate high quality data under tight deadlines and a collaborative and proactive attitud
- PhD or MSc in Molecular or Cellular Biology, or a related subject with an emphasis or research experience in chemical biology or protein engineering.
- Cell biology and microscopy experience required.
- Unique learning opportunity in neurology and the pathways of neurodegenerative diseases.
- Opportunities to work with leading researchers in molecular biology.
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually, combined with an attractive bonus structure.
- Flexible working hours (core hours 10-4, with a 40-hour working week).
- Ongoing professional development support and a significant opportunity to grow with our company.
If you crave challenges and understudied problems, there’s no better place to be.
Esya is a dynamic company operating at the intersection of biochemistry, technology, and medicine.
If you crave challenges, understudied problems, and the chance to see your work impact the millions of lives touched by Alzheimer’s Disease, there’s no better place to be.